Wednesday 1 September 2010

Selfless: A Little Less Self.

Mirror Mirror Mirror!








Since I've seen this product last year and I decided to buy one for myself. Its somehow influenced my project and I think because it's related to the idea of self-image and identity which is the main area of my interests. As I spoke to the designer, his intention was to make statement about 'a little less self-image'.

As far as I concern, it's true that we look at the mirror, we care so much about our face, our reflection in the mirror as in other people's eyes. The mirror stage, when we learn to recognize our own reflection in the mirror, we see ourselves in the mirror, we see the world as something apart from your own existence. So we are partly not our own self anymore, we are all influenced by the world we live in.
I believe that somehow when we look at mirror, we seek to see the ideal, excepted self, the one that we want to be. Visual perception of actual reality trained our eyes to understand the way we could be, in clothes, and sometime it is not something you always thought it would be.






No comments:

Post a Comment